Hi everyone. Finally got round to bringing my stuff together in one place. Bear with! Added some unreleased songs to the media section :0)
Very excited to say I’m working on some new projects – although can’t say a lot more at the moment. It will still take time but am hoping to have more to share soon. Meantime I’ve set up a SoundCloud page so you can listen to things I’ve been working on now and some fun old stuff I dug out.
Well, I’ve made a start, which is, well, a start. New look on blog and Twitter and trying to do same on youtube and facebook. Hoping there is some way of making everything less disparate but at the same time I don’t want to hook my Twitter up with Facebook as I am also a fan of things on Twitter and don’t want my guilty pleasures filling up the facebook page. I suppose a photoshoot is also inevitable but I hate them and so it will likely be last. Grant is hard at it remixing some tracks for me and I am looking at which tracks could be used to submit to synch companies for films etc.
In addition to this there is the HUGE excitement that is the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who. I’ll be heading along to Vue, possibly dressed as 10.
Now, back to ironing and watching F1. Not my bag but Rankin is a massive fan and it’s cold in the other rooms.
I feel bad. If I am doing one thing, I am thinking of another. I am half way up or down the stairs. When I am inside, I wish to be outside and when I am outside I yearn to be in.
So change is coming to my web presence, probably slowly, let’s face it I’m hardly consistent so far. There are currently 3 Jo type websites and I plan for them to unite under the guise of Neosome Music.
I want to show off all the music I can do, in a proper and grown up type of way. There will be old stuff, there will be new stuff. There won’t be many photos, (of me) and the lyric pages are going to be tidied up.
There will be no more forum. It always felt a bit egocentric to have one’s own forum but at the time of its creation it seemed to be the way everyone was going. It is a wasteland and I am going to lay waste to it.
There will still be a blog and I am going to try to be more consistent with it. I am hoping that a merging of email accounts and log ins will help with that.
There will be a shop of sorts, although not sure in what format.
Musically, ideas are emerging from the permafrost that is perpetual tiredness. I may be badgering you for opinion soon.
I cannot tour, and gigs leave me absolutely exhausted, and I have a family to raise. So live music will likely come in the form of webcasts, if, indeed I manage to get that sorted out.
I am hoping to spend more time on videos and sound. I miss creating sound.
And I did it again, some blogger I have turned out to be.
Dolphin aka Harry Tait was born, 14 days late, having been coerced into action by induction and finally made his way into the world via emergency csection. All 9 pounds, 5 and a half ounces of him. Explains the enormous bump.
While born healthy, he had some issues which led to us being kept in hospital for a week and a number of follow up appointments over the weeks that followed kept mummy and daddy on their toes. Have to say it was probably the most stressful time of my life, while at the same time being the happiest. Rather hard to describe really!
After that it was just the task of adjusting to life as a mummy, endless nappies, feedings, pukings, cuddlings, nappies, wakings, changings, nappies, feedings, did I mention the nappies?
Things have begun to settle down now though and we’re sort of getting a bit more sleep now.
And so – my thoughts turn the rather big gig in a couple of weeks!
Still trying to think of which songs to do, my last gig being 14 months ago (in fact I was pregnant then and didn’t know!).
I only have 15 minutes so am hoping to pick the best combination that shows off my repertoire and doesn’t let the side down for Joan’s campaign. To learn more go here http://www.localtalent-uk.com/index.html . Feel very lucky to have been selected!
While I’ve not necessarily been able to practice as I might have pre-baby, I have been working on my vocals – albeit to new additions to my catalogue, like The Grand Old Duke of York, and various renditions of “What do we do with the dirty nappy” to the tune of What do we do with the drunken sailor…
Harry of course will be fast asleep in bed while his mummy plays one of the biggest gigs of her life.
Am I excited?
Am I bricking it?
I was walking into work the other day, which is situated next to a school. My head was already packed with the problems of the day ahead, and I had a bit of a weary heart wondering when I might next get some time off. A car pulled up beside me and a boy jumped out with his schoolbag. His mum called out to him “have a nice day and don’t forget your lego!”.
For some reason this stripped all my cares of the day away, and I remembered a time long ago, when all you might need to worry about was where your lego was.
It’s sometimes good to remember what’s really important to you. I think I might make lego a priority in future.
Well the MA got handed in on time and now I’m not quite sure what to do with myself. Learn a language? Take up Tai Chi? Guess I could do some gigs or something…speaking of which, am supporting Marillion at their convention in Holland next year, and also playing OxJam at Engima in Aberdeen on the 23rd October.
Up at 6.In work at 7, finish work at half 4. Home. Start work at 6, finish work at 10. Sleep. Redo from start.
The following is cut and paste from an email from my Dad. It’s something that’s been binging rounding the net for a while but seeing as the weblinks no longer seem to work I thought I would post it here…
In her radio show, Dr Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, penned by a US resident, which was posted on the Internet. It’s funny, as well as informative:
Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination … End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God’s Laws and how to follow them.
1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness – Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord – Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this? Are there ‘degrees’ of abomination?
7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I’m confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God’s word is eternal and unchanging.
Your adoring fan.
James M. Kauffman, Ed.D. Professor Emeritus, Dept. Of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education University of Virginia
(It would be a damn shame if we couldn’t own a Canadian 🙂